Excellus is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage racial/ethnic minorities, LGBT and students with disabilities to apply.
• Internships are funded by the Office of Inclusion.
• Paid 10 week internship from June 3, 2013 – August 9, 2013
(up to 40 hours per week).
• Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
Under the direction of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, the Diversity & Inclusion College Intern This intern will be heavily involved in the following projects HR Benefits related proejcts on Health care Reform, Research and Analysis, Conversion to .Net, Open Enrollment, vendor converision and Beneficiary Resolicitation.
- Health Care Reform activities, Conversion to a new Open Enrollment Software, Ongoing Historical Project. Know your benefits campaign and Preparation for Benefit Fairs.
- Organizes, distributes and manages products from project efforts: files, general and customized reports, and electronic records.
- Researches, collects and processes data within the scope of skills and experience.
- Assists and performs tasks associated with project and departmental management, maintaining time lines, and scheduling meetings.
- Assembles documents and reports using information from identified sources.
- Supports corporate quality improvement program through participation on quality teams and any other supportive activity.
- Continuously works to identify and collaborate to remove barriers to increased productivity, quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and customer satisfaction.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma, along with active college ID badge required. Human Resources, Communications or Marketing Major preferred.
- Ability to handle high level of confidential information.
- Experience with using a desktop computer in a professional environment, preferably with Microsoft Office Products and Lotus Notes.
- Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software in the course of their work required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities and take a proactive approach to work and display creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; level of analysis dependent upon placement.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
- Candidates should have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate on intra- and inter-departmental teams where needed.
- Responsible for maintaining highly confidential information
- Multi-lingual skills and/or sign language skills highly desired.
- Leverage in daily work the keystone cultural competencies of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, and Urgency.
Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 17 months ago