Under the direction of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion in Human Resources, the Diversity & Inclusion College Intern compiles, and organizes data, executes and reviews successful completion of routine reports, updates and maintains shared access files, such as Intranet/Internet resources, schedules, and work plans. This position may also work with a Mentor and/or Job Coach on project tasks and team efforts as indicated by Management.
• Organizes, distributes and manages products from project efforts: files, general and customized reports, and electronic records.
• Researches, collects and processes data within the scope of skills and experience.
• Assists and performs tasks associated with project and departmental management, maintaining time lines, and scheduling meetings.
• Assembles documents and reports using information from identified sources.
• Supports corporate quality improvement program through participation on quality teams and any other supportive activity.
• Continuously works to identify and collaborate to remove barriers to increased productivity, quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and customer satisfaction.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Excellus is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage racial/ethnic minorities, LGBT and students with disabilities to apply.
• Internships are funded by the Office of Inclusion
• Paid 10 week internship 6/3/13-6/9/13
• Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
• High School diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma, along with active college ID badge required.
• Currently pursuing degree in Accounting
• Experience with using a desktop computer in a professional environment, preferably with Microsoft Office Products and Lotus Notes.
• Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software in the course of their work required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities and take a proactive approach to work and display creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; level of analysis dependent upon placement.
• Candidates must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
• Candidates should have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
• Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate on intra- and inter-departmental teams where needed.
• Responsible for maintaining highly confidential information
• Multi-lingual skills and/or sign language skills highly desired.
• Leverage in daily work the keystone cultural competencies of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, and Urgency.
Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time
Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed
Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer