Excellus is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage racial/ethnic minorities, LGBT and students with disabilities to apply.
• Internships are funded by the Office of Inclusion.
• Paid 10 week internship from June 3, 2013 – August 9, 2013
(up to 40 hours per week).
• Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
Under the direction of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, the Diversity & Inclusion College Intern will assit the Geratics department on various projects focused on Advanced Care Planning Directives.
· 4 short-term projects for the intern, with a 5th project, if time permits:
Build an Advance Care Planning (ACP)/National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) NYS web page for young people/colleges/universities to house within CompassionAndSupport.org. Develop social media messaging related to NHDD and ACP for young people, including a linked Facebook page.
Develop a database of all non-profit colleges in NYS w/associated contact information for better integration of advance care planning into health materials at matriculation, in college heath centers, and potentially in college classes.
Analyze data from NHDD NYS Survey and develop the NHDD NYS 2013 Summary Report.
Create a short video on ACP for young people expressing why advance care planning is important and how easily it can be done. These could be organized by the intern and edited into a short, catchy, trendy video to be placed on YouTube for future messaging about young people doing ACP, particularly completing a health care proxy when they turn 18 and updating it when appropriate afterwards.
If time permits, the student could also work on initial data cleaning and analysis of the MOLST Survey of nursing homes, hospitals & hospices around NYS.
Researches, collects and processes data within the scope of skills and experience.
Assists and performs tasks associated with project and departmental management, maintaining time lines, and scheduling meetings.
Assembles documents and reports using information from identified sources.
Supports corporate quality improvement program through participation on quality teams and any other supportive activity.
Continuously works to identify and collaborate to remove barriers to increased productivity, quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and customer satisfaction.
Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma, along with active college ID badge required. Health Care or related field major preferred.
- Experience with using a desktop computer in a professional environment, preferably with Microsoft Office Products and Lotus Notes. Advanced Excel and Access preferred.
- Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software in the course of their work required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities and take a proactive approach to work and display creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; level of analysis dependent upon placement.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
- Candidates should have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate on intra- and inter-departmental teams where needed.
- Responsible for maintaining highly confidential information
- Multi-lingual skills and/or sign language skills highly desired.
- Leverage in daily work the keystone cultural competencies of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, and Urgency.
Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 19 months ago