As an Intern in the Quality Assurance department at our Chicago, IL food processing facility you will work on several projects and assignments over the summer.
Quality Assurance Studies and Projects include:
- Audit Process Lines in place using current AQL Inspections, then reassess if reporting information is meeting customer standard and reassess AQL by Department /Line
- Generate one AQL per Department to improve and eliminate cross data collecting in the QA Department.
- Review HACCP Plans and audit current raw material listing against VMS System
- Sanitation APC sites audit limits and redefine existing QA / Pre-Op inspection baseline values and testing needs per established site.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Supervisor to design and execute one department swab-a-thon in a RTE Area
- In addition to project work, Intern will prepare a final presentation to management team on Internship Project/Assignments.
- Students who have completed at least three years of study towards a Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or related field of study. Coursework in Statistics strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly and interact professionally with members of management team.
OSI Group - 17 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...