As an Intern in the Quality Assurance department at our West Chicago, IL food processing facility you will work on several projects and assignments over the summer. Projects and assignments include:
- Assist with the new data collection program
- Help to gather data and assist with implementation
- Assist in data validation and reporting
- Assist in developing procedures
- Assist in writing SOPs
- Input all above into pre-determined Specification format
- Review with Operations and Quality Assurance on the accuracy and completeness of final specification.
- Prepare & Publish reference book for Operations/QA
- Annual Sensory training
- Assist with annual sensory training
- Gather and prepare samples for sensory
- Assist with setup and training sessions
- Assist with Foreign Object Prevention & Identification Program
- Prepare Foreign Object Assessment Tool
- Assist in the development of auditing tools
- BRC Certification Preparation
- Provide support to QA Supervisors in initiative to prepare for plant BRC Certification audit.
- In addition to project work, Intern will prepare a final presentation to management team on Internship Project/Assignments.
- Students who have completed at least three years of study towards a Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or related field of study.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly and interact professionally with members of management team.
OSI Group - 24 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...