Facilitate the communication between patients and health care providers with integrity, excellence and teamwork. Provide accurate language interpretation in person and over the phone for effective communication between Limited English Proficient patients and providers. Promote equal access to healthcare services and acts in the best interest of the patients and their families.
• Completed formal medical interpreting training/program
• Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Spanish or related field preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
• Broad knowledge of medical terminology and culture
• Professional attitude and customer service skills
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to pass Interpreter Skills Test with a minimum terminology score of 80% and a maximum of 3 significant errors
Grady Health System - 10 months ago
The Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority (FDHA) is a volunteer board that governs the Grady Health System in Atlanta. The Grady Health System...