The Intramurals/Recreational Activities Coordinator position manages the day to day operations of the Intramurals programs including staff scheduling, training and supervising; program planning and coordinating; assessing programs and services; and general operations. The Coordinator will oversee the staffing and operations of Intramurals and Recreational Activities with an office located in the Jerry M. Brockey Center. The position/department is housed within the Office of Student Life, and reports to the Campus Recreation Coordinator. |
Student Life is a network of departments committed to providing meaningful services, activities and communications that build community; ensure academic success; encourage creative expression, personal growth, and well-being; foster diversity and social justice; and promote student advocacy and leadership.
The Intramurals/Recreational Activities Coordinator will work (on average) 17 hours per week with some occasional evening hour responsibilities. This is a 12 month temporary position.
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
- Providing selection, training, on-going leadership development and supervision of the Intramurals and Recreational student staff and Recreational Clubs leadership and members.
- Supervising the staff and facilities of the Intramurals and Recreational Activities of Campus Recreation.
- Provide support for game-room, its staff and equipment.
- Supervise all aspects of the Intramural/Recreational Clubs of SSCC.
- Coordinating SSCC recreational programming efforts.
- Maintaining files of programming planning, program summaries and developing an annual calendar of events, activities and services.
- Coordinating weekly work schedule, maintaining center use calendar, organizing office supplies and center inventory, maintaining office logs; and maintaining operational costs budgets.
- Coordinating use of athletic facilities and supervising the scheduling of all recreational activities.
- Providing supervision at all athletic and recreational activities events.
- Intramurals: preparing team schedules and rosters; preparing travel arrangements for teams and coaches; maintaining and monitoring athletic team accounts.
- Providing Intramurals/Recreational Activities information to the campus website manager on a regular basis.
- Developing the annual Intramurals/Recreational Activities Budget and strategic goals.
- Maintaining fiscal records and budget allocations for all Intramurals/Recreational Activities expenditures.
- Possession of First Aid/CPR certification and valid Washington Driver’s License.
- Performing Administrative duties including staff evaluations, staff meeting agendas and minutes, weekly updates, quarterly reports, annual reports to Campus Recreation Coordinator
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Associate of Art Degree (Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience in Physical Education, or Relevant Field preferred) or Two years of professional experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of Sports/Athletic regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Seattle Community Colleges - 8 months ago