The incumbent in this role will be accountable for the sales of DealerTrack Inventory Solutions, Websites and Digital Marketing (Interactive Solutions) to independent car dealerships. Will be accountable for generating and maximizing sales revenue and increasing Inventory Solution customers within a defined/assigned region and will work in our Dallas office. ~
- Sell our Inventory and Interactive (websites/digital merchandising) products to independent automotive dealers and dealer groups in a defined territory.
- Discuss, present and demonstrate the advantages of DealerTrack’s Inventory and Interactive solutions to the customer.
- Follow up leads and generate prospects to achieve new revenue according to the sales goals for the assigned region.
- Work in concert with other DealerTrack Independent sales divisions such as DMS solutions to optimize territory sales strategy.
- Ability to show the advantages/ROI at the bottom line level of our products to dealer clients.
- Be pro active and initiate contacts with dealerships to generate leads through 'cold calls'
- Be able to approach customers according to their style and needs (be situational)
- Generate referrals from actual or potential customers.
- Build trusted relationships with the decision makes at the dealerships; Dealer Principles, Controllers, General Managers, IT Directors and General Sales Managers.
- Research and discover business development opportunities in existing accounts. Make steady outbound calls, cold calls, follow up calls and warm calls – Phone warrior.
- Work with partners/team members on a daily basis to maximize customer facing and demo time.
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
- Experience with digital marketing strongly preferred – SEO/SEM, etc. -3-5+ years of executive level car dealership experience – GM/GSM/Dealer Principle/Used Car Director/IT Director or 3 years Website/Software Sales experience to automotive dealerships preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with Website and Inventory Solutions used in the retail automotive industry as well as best practices in the internet industry.
- Ability to present the Interactive products and Inventory solutions over the phone to prospective customers.
- Ability to close sales opportunities and develop relationships with owners and/or General Managers of dealerships
- Previous experience in managing multi-state sales territory preferred
- Good networking skills for prospecting and referrals
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, analytical, and listening skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job