The inventory coordinator will locations in area and Investigates inventory discrepancies found in locations on a daily basis. Communicate all findings and/or results of investigations with other inventory coordinators, area manager(s), and corporate inventory manager. Coordinate and test all new configurations needed for manufacturing and within SAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Understand inventory SAP movements within IM (inventory managed) and WM (warehouse managed): Plant to plant transfers, goods receipts (vendor and production), sales, customer returns, and bin to bin movements.
- Work with manufacturing group on new WM (warehouse management) set ups. Identify what they are looking to accomplish. Create Help Desk Ticket to have configurations updated, document test new configurations, and work with manufacturing group to test to ensure that is what they are looking for. Once all is tested and approved have the configuration moved to production.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to schedule and maintain a log of ABC cycle counts assigned to departments(s) who are to perform on a daily. The weekly report should show by department the number of materials counted and the accuracy percentage.
- Work on identifying and creating ideas to reduce obsolete inventories on a monthly basis.
- Identify excess and surplus inventories within area of responsibility.
- Work with planning and purchasing to reduce safety stocks and inventory levels.
- Notify engineering of BOM details are missing SLOC (storage location) and supply area problems. Follow up to ensure they are entered correctly.
- Work with inventory associates, supervisors and managers in identifying BOM problems in areas and submit engineering change to correct problems.
- Create, maintain and publish a map of locations specific to lines for each department
- Develop and maintain graphs and data for graphs as required on a weekly manufacturing report with top 10 inventory issues list identify action items weekly, and monthly report for Operations meeting.
- Formally recommend and implement new procedures that improve efficiency, processes, and reduce inventory errors.
- Investigate inventory adjustments and work towards identifying root causes and formally submit recommendations for improvements.
The Inventory coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day direction, the work evaluation, discipline, follow-up of the Inventory Associates and communication with the managers regarding all Inventory information.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year College or University; or one to three years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; other processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
- 2 years ago - save job
No need to ask how the meal will be prepared at Weber-Stephen's company parties. The firm is one of the nation's top makers of barbecue...