Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock, shortages and adjusts in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Prepares reports such as inventory and variances.
- Work with Purchasing/Manufacturing regarding the development and tracking of safety stock and stock levels.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Responsible for year-end physical inventory process.
- Coordinate Inventory Obsolescence/Discontinuance for global inventory analysis.
- Development of consistent policies and coding of inventory processes and transaction recording.
- Oversees of all company inventories including outside vendor, outside warehouse, direct-ship to customer.
- Review of policies for Return to Vendor materials (Warehouse 99).
- Assist and coordinate activities of all Inventory Coordinators, involved company-wide.
- Serve as a member of the customs compliance committee
Manages and coordinates the duties of coordinators.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- APICS Supply Chain Certification a plus
- 3-5 years related inventory control managerial experience
- Experience managing and developing personnel
- Strong understanding of SAP’s MM & PP modules
- Experience working with manufacturing environment
- Experience planning coordinating and managing inventory audits (Full physical and cycle counting)
- Experience with developing and maintaining cycle counting programs
- Experience working with cross functional teams to accomplish projects/tasks
- Experience developing documenting and maintaining inventory control policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
APICS Supply Chain Certification a plus
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
- 15 months ago - save job
No need to ask how the meal will be prepared at Weber-Stephen's company parties. The firm is one of the nation's top makers of...