POSITION: Inventory Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Materials Management
LOCATION: Alvarado, TX 76009
The hiring company is a leading manufacturer of tubular
steel structures (towers) used in wireless
communications and utility applications. It has an
opening for an Inventory Manager at its manufacturing
facility located in Alvarado, TX (just south of the Fort
Worth metropolitan area). Reporting to the Director of
Materials Management, the Inventory Manager uses
available resources to meet the inventory control needs
of the facility. The Inventory Manager ensures that
department objectives are met along with safety,
project, cost and quality factors to enhance the
operating efficiency of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an accurate perpetual inventory and
maintains data within the ERP system.
- Creates a dedicated forklift route plan.
- Utilizes planning and organizational skills in
coordination with the inventory team to effectively
maximize time in support of the facility’s
- Analyzes physical inventory, establishs and
maintains inventory discrepancy investigations, and
generates appropriate reporting to maintain adequate
inventory levels and appropriate control (min –
- Performs cycle counts of inventory in accordance
with policies; analyzes and reports results,
publishing corrective action plans as appropriate.
- Maintains employee performance through the proper
use and administration of the organization’s
recognition, feedback and discipline processes to
ensure efficient department operations.
- Ensures appropriate data from various resources and
inputs data into various operational reports to
provide correct, up-to-date information in order to
analyze department operations, department scheduling
and staffing. Reviews areas of non-conformance and
defines suggested corrective actions where
- Supervises kitting parts to jobs.
- Interacts with administrative and management staff
to identify inventory control process changes and
improvements. Develops or assists in the development
and implementation of necessary action plans to
accomplish department -related objectives.
- Works with the appropriate persons as necessary to
correct equipment and other related maintenance
issues that are discovered to maximize efficiency,
minimize downtime and maintain plant safety. Works
with the maintenance staff to ensure items are
completed in a timely manner that accomplishes set
objectives while remaining cognizant of production
and maintenance schedules.
- Supervises inventory functions in a cost-effective
manner without disruption to key business
- Maintains safe, open and proactive working
environment, treating employees with dignity and
- Ensures appropriate initial and ongoing training of
employees in safety, forklifts and operational
- Provides timely, accurate, and candid information on
critical issues to management, colleagues, and team
members as appropriate.
- Leads by example, fostering teamwork, sound business
decisions and fairness within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Certified Production and
Inventory Management (CPIM) credentials preferred.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced work environment,
requiring ongoing learning, careful short-term and
long-term planning, logical analysis of written and
numerical information and independent
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and
attention to detail are important.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent
interruptions in work flow and constantly changing
- Must possess clear and articulate verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on
logical evaluation of data.
- Must work with minimum supervision and with all
levels of employees, supervisors and managers.
- Must have good computer skills for record keeping
- Conscientious attention to and inspection of detail
Annual salary of $75,000 or higher, depending on
experience and qualifications, plus full benefit
package. Relocation allowance may be offered, as
Perfect World Search - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard