Since our first catalog launch in 2002; our brand, our stores, our story is continually evolving. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, hard working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Our corporate office is located in the D.U.M.B.O district of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a community driven company and are happy to call Brooklyn our home. This position is for the most recent concept at west elm, MARKET. MARKET is or new neighborhood store focusing on functional design, local production, entrepreneurship and community connections. A general store feel, MARKET is your total home toolkit, designed to delight and made to be used. We offer a selection of hand picked goods in the area of Kitchen, Garden, Personal Care, and Care & Repair. This is an opportunity to be part of a new and exciting brand. If you want to be involved in the very first steps of its fruition and be part of a high profile extension of our already existing brand, now is the time to explore the opportunity of joining our team.
Retail Merchandise Planner, West Elm
• Communicate Assortment plan to Distribution Analyst to achieve appropriate Distribution Strategy.
• Plan sales and forecast appropriate inventory levels by SKU.
• Identify potential inventory liabilities and take appropriate actions to bring quantity to a desired level.
• Build a team relationship with merchant counterpart(s).
• Determine quantity to purchase for new and continuing SKU s.
• Forecast review and revise inventory purchases to maintain optimum inventory flow.
• Manage and maintain department financial forecast. (OTB/rolling forecast)
• Take timely action to maximize sales, profitability and inventory productivity.
• Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies.
• Develop department financial merchandise plans in conjunction with the Buyer.
• Participate as an integral partner with visual, merchandising, store operations, sourcing and the distribution centers.
• Provide initial and future order quantities to appropriate group for P.O. generation and communication to the vendor
• Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
• Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
• Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business.
• Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
• Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
• Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Proficient in retail math
• Proficient in Excel
• Understanding of retail supply chain
• College degree preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...