The Inventory Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the material coordinator all aspects of inventory for the center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: insuring proper inventory levels are maintained; developing and administering of the inventory and supply budget; cross checking to insure all items are within contract compliance; is the liaison between physicians and the staff on inventory issues; and, insures critical materials and items are stocked and available at all times when needed. The inventory control coordinator will serve as backup to the materials coordinator.
1. Assists to establish and maintain inventory levels and related controls of supplies and equipment for the center.
2. Initiates purchase requests for supplies, instruments and minor equipment as directed
3. Confers with physicians and nursing staff on special product or equipment needs and initiates trial use if indicated.
4. In conjunction with supervisor, physicians and support staff assists in the development of improved procedures, workflow, and cost reduction programs.
5. Responsible for maintaining high ethical practices in purchasing procedures, and contractual relationships with vendors.
6. Restock all supplies and inventory as needed
7. Maintains accurate purchase records by coordinating packing information and invoices with ordering requests.
8. Returns or exchanges inventory and supplies not needed or incorrectly ordered. Ensures proper credit where necessary.
9. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
One to three years experience. Must have good communication skills. Customer service oriented, self-starter, team player, efficient and flexible. Must have the ability to multi-task.
HCA Inc - 7 months ago