Position Title: Inventory Services Supervisor
Location: Disputanta, VA
Performs a wide variety of duties to maintain and control the product inventory in both grocery and perishable operations, ensuring the smooth operation of distribution and store order accuracy. This includes the evaluation and research of data, technical support to the Receiving, Shipping and Procurement Departments, management of product location, accuracy, problem solving and reporting. Need a full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the company.
Occasional weekend work.
- Maintain inventory accuracy of grocery, cigarette, supply, produce, dairy, lunchmeat, deli and market.
- Research and report errors made affecting inventory accuracy.
- Monitor and process store-to-warehouse and DC-to-vendor product returns.
- Support the Shipping and Receiving departments with slotting, label research, default pallets and miscellaneous issues.
- Ensure perpetual cycle counts; 10-or-less and scratch counts are completed in compliance with company policy.
- Maintain World-Wide Chain System for the distribution center including the case characteristics, slot configuration, WACT (Warehouse Allocation Tables) etc.
- Oversee the research of NT’s (not there), overflow pallets and work up of penalty pallets.
- Control the process, preparation and shipment of DC-to-DC transfers.
- Release, monitor and supervise the movement of weekly force-outs.
- Process and release Batch Refill.
- Administer the generating, pulling and keying of handbills to meet customer needs.
- Create and analyze query data to assist the distribution inventory operation.
- Observe and report warehouse damage.
- Manage the audits of Shipping and Receiving department associates in accordance with Corporate Audit Policies and maintain proper documentation to support these audits.
- Maintain communication between the Procurement, Accounting and Information Technology Departments.
- Communicate and provide customer service to stores.
- Responsible for sending and maintaining numerous reports for various departments.
- Retain associate records, evaluate performance and make recommendations for training, counseling and/or coaching as necessary.
- Analyze workload and schedule associates according to company needs.
- Strive to find more efficient ways to do the job and seek to reduce costs and improve productivity.
- Observe, report and correct when appropriate any unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause associate and/or customer accidents.
- Analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in distribution management.
- Strong knowledge and experience with World Wide Chain System.
- Ability to analyze, identify problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to understand height, weight and depth relationships.
- Ability to use PC/CRT and basic math skills to complete necessary reports.
- Ability to motivate staff and deal effectively with performance issues.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent work related experience required.
FoodLion - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Belgian food retailer Delhaize "Le Lion" has one big cub -- Delhaize America. With some 1,625 supermarkets and discount grocery...