Babson Capital Management has an opening within its Solutions Team for an investment analyst / business report writer. This position will be supporting the Bank Loan, High Yield, and Investment Grade business areas. The position requires knowledge of report writing tools, investment data, and business analysis skills. Experience in the investment business is required. The candidate will work closely with Investment Management professionals to gather their requirements and have responsibilities for the development/support of reports and data extracts as required by the business. In addition the candidate will work closely with the systems group and application vendors by providing specifications for application changes. The position could be based in Charlotte, NC or Springfield, MA depending on candidate’s location.
Business Skill Sets Required:
- Design, develop and maintain reports required by the business.
- Create and maintain data extracts required by the business.
- Write specifications for new applications to be developed by our IT staff or changes to existing applications based on business needs
- Research implement and support 3 rd party packages that are vital to the business including modeling software, KMV, and Loanx.
Technical Skill Sets Required:
- General investment knowledge, CFA and/or MBA helpful
- Familiarity with external vendors (Bloomberg, Markit Partners, Moody’s, S&P, Fitch,etc)
- Ability to learn/absorb fundamental investment environment so that requirements can be gathered and understood quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and with business partners.
- Oral and written
- Requirements documentation
- Status reporting
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to rapidly identify solutions to time-sensitive issues and problems.
- Quality support follow-up
- 4th Generation reporting languages
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (Preferred)
- Microsoft Access
- SQL Server
- Relational data modeling / Entity Relationship skills
- Table (and other database objects) creation/modification (DDL)
- Stored procedure creation/modification (TRANSACT-SQL)
- SQL reporting knowledge
- SQL Server Analysis/Integration Services knowledge is a plus
- SharePoint knowledge is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and with minimal hand-holding, to acquire knowledge of the various data environments
- Ability to work within a team concept
Babson Capital Management - 15 months ago