Lancaster Pollard, a leading financial services firm serving the affordable housing, senior living and health care sectors, is seeking experienced Investment Bankers for our expanding Affordable Housing Division. The Affordable Housing platform presently includes investment banking (bond underwriting, financial advisory) and mortgage banking (FHA, FNMA, USDA) activities to facilitate broad-based solutions for the firm’s clients. The firm is headquartered in Columbus, OH.
The Investment Banker – Affordable Housing positions will be located in the firm’s following regional offices: Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; and Los Angeles, CA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new FHA, FNMA, USDA & Tax Exempt Bond business through direct interface with prospective clients, vendors, associations, and regional HUD and USDA offices;
- Understand, analyze, and effectively communicate complex financial structures and operations issues related to affordable housing;
- Produce and/or supervise credit analysis and the compilation of credit enhancement and government agency packages;
- Review and analyze legal contracts such as applications, commitments, and loan and bond documents;
- Make presentations to management and boards of prospective clients as well as at state and national association meetings and conventions;
- Interface with clients to obtain necessary documentation and appropriately manage the closing process with a variety of capital sources.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, economics, pre-law or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in the financial industry, preferably in the housing sector or commercial real estate banking.
- Working knowledge and experience with some or all of the below structures:
- FHA insurance
- FNMA loan structures including bond credit enhancement
- USDA guarantees
- Tax Exempt bond structures typical of affordable housing
- Federal and local subsidy programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Series 7 Licensed Securities Representative
Salary : Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious.
- Exhibits appropriate professional standards and h ighest degree of integrity.
- Impeccable compliance record.
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects, and function under tight timeframes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be resourceful, flexible, and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly with a focus on accuracy.
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and detail management.
- Able to work independently as well as function in a team-oriented setting.
- Displays initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility.
- Analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region working long hours, including some weekends as necessary
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
We are a nonsmoking company and an equal opportunity employer.
Lancaster Pollard’s recognitions for growth, strategic direction and ethics include the “Inc. 5,000” list of the fastest-growing private firms in the nation, Columbus Business First’s “Fast 50”, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for marketplace ethics.
Visit our website at www.lancasterpollard.com
Lancaster Pollard - 9 months ago