The Health Care Investment Banking Group at Piper Jaffray is seeking candidates for an Investment Banking Associate opening in our New York, NY office.
The investment banking associate works on a variety of transactions in all stages from pitches to closings. Associates are immediately assigned to a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit. With supervision from senior bankers, an associate will prepare valuations, write memorandums for company sale assignments and private placements, prepare M&A analyses, and participate in due diligence and drafting sessions for public offerings.
As an investment banker's skills develop, additional responsibilities will include taking primary responsibility for deal execution of all types of transactions, maintaining client relations during the deal execution period, building industry-specific or product-specific expertise, initiating new client relationships and expanding a business franchise within a designated industry/product sector.
Candidates for this position must have:
- approximately 3-5 years of post-undergraduate work experience, preferably in a financial analysis or investment banking role
- an MBA from a top tier business school
- excellent analytical and modeling skills
- strong client management skills
Job requirements will include, among others:
The environment is collaborative, demanding, fast paced and entrepreneurial.
- preparing and delivering presentations
- performing extensive valuation and pricing analyses
- financial statement modeling and analysis
- supervising and developing analyst level bankers
- playing key leadership roles in the transaction execution process
Piper Jaffray is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Piper Jaffray provides a range of investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advice, financing, industry...