Investment Banking M&A Analysts work in small, client-focused team within the M&A department in our New York office to create and deliver solutions leveraging Pacific Crest’s capabilities to help our Technology clients achieve their financial and strategic objectives. Analysts are often involved with multiple simultaneous projects and are responsible for researching and analyzing industry trends and financial information; and creating presentations related to transaction development and execution. The work is challenging and Analysts are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, thoroughly analyze financial statements and other corporate information, and think “outside the box.” This position is for our New York City location.
- Learn the fundamentals of M&A execution and analysis
- Work on live and on-going transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
- Help generate ideas for new client opportunities
- Learn from and work with teams consisting of professionals across Pacific Crest, including senior bankers within investment banking and experts in other areas of the firm
- Research and analysis related to transaction generation and execution
- Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Building integrated financial models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
- Developing marketing memoranda and other tools supporting sale processes
- Participating on advisory teams that execute various financial transactions
- Maintaining databases of information regarding clients, prospects, transactions, market segments, etc.
work authorization required
Competitive salary. Depends upon education and financial and/or industry experience.
Excellent benefits package.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with superior academic performance
- 6 months to 1 year experience in investment banking with similar responsibilities; M&A focus preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- High degree of initiative and must be a self-motivator
- Ability to handle both small and large parts of a task accurately and efficiently, rechecking work for mistakes and taking pride in attention to details
- Ability to work independently and function as part of a team
- Composure and confidence to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong extracurricular activities and work experience
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
- Work from New York City location
- Pass federal and state securities exams (S79 & S63)