Ass. Operations Spec. - hybrid Job Description ROLE SUMMARY:|
Act as Client Service Representative looking after hedge funds, requiring the ability to confirm settlements with clients and investigate and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
This role supports complex products across multiple entities which allows for significant depth of product, process and industry knowledge. It allows for exposure to front to back processing areas during query management and discrepancy resolution.
THE ROLE INVOLVES:
Division/Department Overview Part of a global team supporting the Settlement of OTC Derivative and PrimeSwap transactions. This group sits within the global Cross Product Settlements group inclusive of OTC/Primeswap and Cash Securities
- Understand and use PrimeSwap, the front-to-back trading/settlement system, and Prime View, the web based client reporting system.
- Gain an understanding of PrimeSwap architecture and Control Account processes.
- Learn and understand how Equity, Interest Rate, Credit, Mortgage are structured and how cash flows are calculated
- Settle physical cash payments between various CS entities and street side clients
- Investigate and resolve cash breaks relevant to the team’s clients.
- Build relationships with assigned clients and provide excellent client service.
- Investigate and resolve queries received both internally and externally on products and functions supported by the team.
- Understand the controls associated with the settlement of cash flows, such as client money implications, funding & settlement deadlines, etc.
- Confirmation of settlement instructions, preparation of manual payments, plus update of information into our Static Data System (SDS).
- Work on ad-hoc projects to improve processing efficiency for front to back business partners.
- Statistical extracts as and when requested by team leads/managers.
Candidate Value Proposition Opportunity to learn & manage client relationships
Develop a strong network with a diverse and global customer base
Qualifications TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST POSSESS:
Company Profile As one of the world's leading financial services group, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally. The Credit Suisse Group is active in over 50 countries and employs approximately 40,000 people. Further information can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree, Business Major preferred
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients in a professional, courteous, and client-focused manner.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a team.
- Possess organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work while working under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, working to deadlines accommodating varying levels of volume without deterioration in task quality.
- Advanced Excel skills a plus.
- IB Operations experience a plus
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Credit Suisse empowers employees to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Right place, perfect opportunity
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks before the appointment is confirmed.
Credit Suisse - 21 months ago
Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital,...