Investment Due Diligence Analyst, VP - Alternative Funds Solutions – Asset Management
Location: New York
Group Overview: The Alternative Funds Solutions Group (AFS) is a premier provider of multi-manager Alternative Investment services for institutional and private clients globally. The group offers commingled, customized, and hedge fund of fund portfolios as well as advisory services. In addition to actively managed fund of fund solutions, the group is a leader in hedge fund indexing – index-linked returns through diversified and rule based investment in hedge funds - as well as in replication strategies, which present a liquid and transparent way of achieving hedge fund like exposures. The Group is one of the largest fund of fund providers with managed assets of approximately $10.5 billion as of January 2012. The group expertise is anchored in its long-term investment experience and has an established track record in a broad portfolio of products with strong performance dating back to 1998. The substantial professional resources of over 50 people are collectively committed to the business of AFS and situated in four global offices including New York, London, Zurich, and Tokyo.
This is an Analyst role within the AFS Tactical Trading Investment Research Team, covering Global Macro / CTAs / Commodity Managers. Responsibilities include preparing and conducting investment due diligence on new managers and monitoring current investments. Responsible for preparing concise written reports with detailed findings, assessing quality of the investment process, comparing and selecting within manager peer groups.
- Initiate research on trading managers, sourcing prospective managers
- Review all relevant hedge fund, legal and marketing / investment materials
- Prepare and conduct full onsite meetings/interviews/inspections with senior investment and risk management professionals at current and prospective hedge funds; there will be overseas travel
- Arrange and conduct reference calls with key sources such as prime brokers, investors, professional relationships
- Manage an investment due diligence process in collaboration with members of the Operational Due Diligence / Market Risk Teams
- Prepare meeting notes and write a comprehensive investment due diligence assessment report for review by senior management to be presented at Internal Fund Review Committee
- Perform further analysis on findings, benchmarking managers against peer groups and relevant markets / strategies
- Provide support to Portfolio Managers and Product Specialists for marketing / investor inquiries
- Monitor current managers for ongoing developments at investment and structural level
- Solid academic background with minimum Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5 years or more experience in the financial industry
- 3 years or more direct exposure to Fund of Hedge Fund / Hedge Funds in an Analyst role
- Strong knowledge of economics, financial instruments and derivatives
- Emerging Markets experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, working under pressure, taking appropriate action and maintaining good judgment while ensuring high quality of output at all times
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Travel is required
As one of the world's leading financial services group, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally. The Credit Suisse Group is active in over 50 countries and employs approximately 40,000 people. Further information can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Credit Suisse empowers employees to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Right place, perfect opportunity
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks before the appointment is confirmed.
Credit Suisse - 2 years ago