As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking an Invoicing Testing Specialist
in our Centralized Invoicing department.
Executes preventative controls to ensure invoices are processed in accordance with client compensation terms, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and within the framework of a strong internal control environment.
- Reviews the Confirmation of Binding Instructions (CBI), verifying disclosure to client of bound placement terms and ensures the transaction request conforms to the CBI terms
- Ensures commission compliance to the compensation terms of the engagement by comparing the transaction request to the Client Service Agreement (CSA) terms
- Ensures Enhanced Commission compliance to the CBI and CSA terms
- Reviews evidence of written client confirmation of the fee engagement via the CSA, Statement of Work, or Fee Acknowledgement and ensures the transaction request conforms to the terms
- Maintains detailed notes within the invoicing databases to ensure accuracy of audit trail
- Performs the above reviews including any required escalation within prescribed process without deviation
- Performs the above reviews including any required escalation within agreed accuracy and cycle time service levels
- Performs the above reviews for invoices and direct commission tracking records in adherence to prescribed productivity targets
- Maintains BASYS policy administration as needed
- Interacts and collaborates with Client Advisory, Client Executive, Consulting, FP&A, Internal & External Audit, and MUSA Revenue Review Team colleagues to ensure efficient implementation and unwavering execution of the Centralized Invoicing Unit (CIU) process
- Alerts CIU Team Leader to questionable requests, practices, and/or CSA terms
College degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
Minimum business experience of 5+ years.
Demonstrates proficient use of company-sanctioned e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet software, and Marsh billing systems
Previous audit experience very valuable.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Good analytical skills and judgment.
Organized approach to work; good file and documentation discipline.
Ability to work well on a team
Proficiency in Excel.
Decision Quality - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advise & solutions
Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge
Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented
Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging
Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization
Performs all required Transparency and Compensation Terms testing, with more complex transactions performed under supervision by Invoicing Testing Specialist II or CIU Team Leader.
Handles a steady volume of easy to moderately difficult Testing work in a timely manner.
Administrative Office Support
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 20 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...