Eight or more years of maintenance or other relevant work experience. Management experience required. Bachelor's or technical degree preferred.
- Irvine Company Apartment Communities is now hiring Service Managers to lead our award winning teams of Maintenance Professionals in the San Diego area.
- Provide hands-on support to drive team performance.
- Keep informed of market conditions, understand competitive pricing, and utilize appropriate marketing resources.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by effectively performing or directing maintenance efforts, which also promotes a quality living experience for residents.
- Must Have recent experience of Three or more years within multi-family housing.
- Responsibilities include- general maintenance including plumbing, electrical, HVAC and appliances.
- Experience in apartment turnover, budget expenditures, and vendor management.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial goals through input and assistance in the administration of capital and operating maintenance budgets.
- Coordinate maintenance of the property with appropriate support to keep the property quality at Company standards.
- Serve as a resource in the development and communication of more efficient methods of maintaining the apartment community.
- Be responsible for inventory of parts and appliances.
- Be responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of community facilities.
- Direct the daily repair and renovation of apartments by the mechanics and vendors and aids in the achievement of quality maintained projects.
- Promote positive, proactive resident relations by demonstrating a “firm, fair, and consistent” manner in all resident contacts, keeping in mind the political and social impact of their decisions.
- Work to make the living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Facilitate resident introduction to company apartment procedures.
- Remain informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on the ability to maintain a quality living environment for our residents.
- Be responsible for after-hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in property management maintenance, with 600+ apartment home communities required.
- Property maintenance skills including basic knowledge of tools, and customer service is required.
- Candidate must be computer literate with attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must have the ability and confidence to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- English proficiency.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work weekends.
The Irvine Company - 24 months ago
Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create on The...