Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. Were one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Compliance Technology is looking to add a technical/developer analyst to join our qualified and diverse team to develop and implement a strategic Management Reporting system. This Management Reporting system will be used to deliver targeted information about key risk and performance indicators to Compliance senior management and the Board, relevant committees and local entity boards.
The candidate chosen will primarily be responsible for designing and constructing the components of the Management Reporting system, which includes the collection, transformation and analysis of the underlying data, as well as the supporting workflow and final delivery of the reports. Working with internal technology resources, the analyst will help contribute to the design of the system based on the functional and technical requirements as specified. Additionally, the analyst will also be responsible for executing testing in DEV/UAT environments and preparing/delivering releases to PROD for bug fixes and enhancements.
The candidate will work very closely with key technology teams, business analysts, program managers and vendors to execute on technical tasks related to the Management Reporting system.
- Partner with business analysts to understand requirements, source systems, and perform data analysis.
- Participate in system design based on functional and technical requirements.
- Design and implement workflows, as well as extract and load source data into a central repository using enterprise business intelligence and/or ETL technologies.
- Provide guidance to vendor technical resources about Barclays technology standards and ensure all Change Control procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in the creation and execution of performance testing and QA plans.
- Document technical configurations and train RTB team which will help them maintain the system in PROD environment.
- Work with internal development and testing teams for the timely implementation of defect resolution.
- Work with vendor PM to understand new releases (bug fixes and enhancements) and coordinate activities internally to upgrade environments, if needed.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years in an IT department with at least 3 years of experience in the position offered, or as a Developer, Software Engineer, or closely related occupation
- Experience in requirements gathering, data analysis and ETL specification development
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into a data warehouse
- Knowledge of data warehouse design, development and implementation
- Numerate Degree
- Experience of working on large, multi-threaded, globally distributed and complex projects.
- Experience working on customer-facing technologies
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining programs for migration and/or conversion activities
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies
- Experience in UDB, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, UNIX and Windows
- Ability to identify issues and risks with projects which may impact delivery timelines; and cognizance to escalate issues with vendors/management as required
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized, excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in documenting system architectures and workflows
- Highly self-motivated with a confident do the right thing attitude
- Excellent attention to detail, s elf-starter with demonstrable initiative
- Team player, co-operative, and able to work in a large team across multiple locations and time zones
- Experience in performance tuning using best-of-breed optimization techniques
Barclays Investment Bank - 2 years ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...