The User Experience Designer will be the design and creative lead to help drive new smartphone and tablet experiences that leverage core Intel technology. You would be responsible for the design of the experiences from concept to product implementation. You would work with a cross functional team including product marketing, engineering and UX strategy and research. The UX designer would deliver UX concepts, interaction flows and visual design for UIs on Intel reference designs and Intel enabled mobile applications.
We are looking for individuals with strong interaction and visual / graphic design skills who can work at the conceptual as well as implementation level. The ideal candidate will have a blend of creative out-of-the box thinking combined with experience designing market ready products. A passion for mobility and where it is going and previous experience designing UI and / or apps for the smartphone or tablet market is required. This role is part of a small team so someone with a can-do attitude and the flexibility to pitch in where needed is essential.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading collaborative synthesis of research data; translating consumer research into design implications/requirements
- Developing/visualizing product concepts, interaction schemes, and user experiences (and use cases) using wireframes, storyboards, scenarios, etc.
- Designing/building and directing the design of conceptual and working experience prototypes (software and hardware) - includes HTML, Flash programming skills required for prototyping
- Planning/coordinating design research within the context of a larger project research agenda
- Working with design agencies around the world as an extension of project team. Strong ability to communicate and work collaboratively with vendors required.
Additional qualifications include:
- BA in design or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on user interaction and / or graphic design experience (for applications software, and/or UIs for mobile / smartphone market)
- Self-starter with ability to lead a project and work independently
- High tolerance for a dynamic work environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Good presentation & influence skills; experience presenting to senior levels of management
USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 12, 2012
Oct 13, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
The recently formed Intel Mobile & Communications Group (MCG) is responsible for establishing Intel as the provider of revolutionary handset & tablet experiences delivering compelling leading edge reference devices that both delight and amaze consumers. Working with other UX experts across the corporation we will continue to evolve Intel's long-standing emphasis on the importance of understanding (and designing for) the human experience in technological innovation. Here at Intel, we are tremendously excited about this unique opportunity to lead a major product division from a human-centered perspective. We are looking for a select few, exceptionally talented folks who share that excitement to join our team and bring the next generation of smartphone and tablet experiences to life. We truly believe we are on the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that will improve lives around the globe.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 16 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...