Req ID |
Industry Job Title
J2EE - Junior Software Engineer
E1041:Software Dev Analyst Asc
Our National Institutes of Health (NIH) Client is seeking a candidate with Java experience and ability to learn J2EE, to support the Medical Language Branch of the Office of Computer and Communications Sytems (OCCS) within the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
This junior software engineer will be an integral member of a centralized creative team that provides shared services to various institutes within the NIH. This position with the Medical Subject Heading team will support many exciting creative development projects (some existing applications other will be new/concept applications). Responsibilities include but are not limited to full J2EE life cycle development; Web services; and database design.
The candidate for this position will be a junior software developer who will be joining a diverse team to work within the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) of the NLM. UMLS is a set of files and software that brings together many health and biomedical vocabularies and standards to enable interoperability between computer systems. Medical Subject Indexing and Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) is an integral part of the UMLS and is a comprehensive controlled vocabulary for the purpose of indexing journal articles and books in the life sciences. MeSH also also serves as a thesaurus that facilitates searching within medical libraries, journals and periodicals. This system is a legacy system within NLM, and it is used by the MEDLINE/PubMed article database and by NLM's catalog of book holdings.
Candidate must have the following skills:
• Knowledge and practical experience in JAVA, C/C++, Unix and Linux environment
• Knowledge of web development
• Knowledge and experience with SQL Databases
• Intermediate level of skill with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to provide feedback through oral and written reporting methods
• Ability to develop and execute unit test cases
The following skills are desirable skills:
• BS in Computer Science
• Cold Fusion experience
• Practical experience with Apache Web Server and J2EE Application Server setup and configuration
• Experience with Web services development
• Experience with Operating Systems such as Solaris, Linux, OSX, Windows
• Experience with databases such as Oracle
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
8434024:Health Information Svcs
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 12 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...