- Design and code from high level business requirements
- Aanalyze, evaluate, test, debug, document, and implement complex software apps
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Performs expert-level engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of Sales and Marketing applications
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
- Monitor program execution for expected performance
- Experience in operational support and hands-on implementation
Requires a BS in Computer Science or related field (Computer Engineering / Math / etc.) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Hands-on experience building and deploying J2EE applications using JBOSS and/or IBM Websphere Application Server v6/v7.
Object Oriented Design experience such as data abstraction, encapsulation, modularity, polymorphism, and inheritance.
Custom developed solutions using J2EE (JSP, Servlets, JNDI, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate).
Experience developing applications using IBM Rational Application Developer.
Oracle Sqlplus, Sqlldr, and external tables experience.
Unix AIX /HP-UX 11/Sun - At least one of these three or a comparable competitor is acceptable.
Strong communication and analysis skills.
Should be good a team player
Should have strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be independent and self-motivated, with a knack for taking the initiative, overcoming obstacles
Must be able to quickly master and apply new technologies
Experience in Telecom industry preferred
Agile Software Development experience preferred
Hands on experience with one or more of the following IBM Tool Set(s):
Eclipse/IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD).
WebSphere Application Server (WAS).
Secondary Technical Skill Set(s):
Familiarity with Java frameworks like JSF/Struts/Spring
Familiarity with Object Relation Frameworks like Hibernate/JPA.
JavaServer Faces (JSF) Java-based Web application framework
Korn Shell exposure/experience (ksh, csh, bash, sh).
Hands-on , XML/XHTML experience
Non-IBM Tool Set(s):
Experience with PL/SQL Developer/Toad/SQL Navigator - At least one of these three or a comparable competitor is acceptable
Experience with a Source Control tool (Sub Version)
Exposure to but not required:
Some Perl/Python/Jython exposure/experience
Some Unix Shell Scripting exposure/experience
Universal Business Solutions - 17 months ago