* Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production application in conjunction with subject matter experts and operational leadership.
* Lead the development of the application design, database architectures, and development quality assurance policies and procedures.
* Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures required to support a high availability mission critical applications.
* Implement industry standard security measures to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
* Implement and optimize development configuration management to streamline tiered code deployment from Development, Test, and Production environments.
* 8-12+ years of experience with Java/J2EE design/development experience - JSP, JSF, PORTAL, SERVLET, EJB 3.0, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring, Apache library, or others.
* Experience developing large mission critical enterprise software applications.
* Experience with JBOSS, Apache, WebSphere or WebLogic J2EE server.
* Experience with Web Services, SOA, BPEL and WSDL.
* Experience with workflow, and rules engine development.
* Experience with automated build processes - ant, maven, hudson, or other script builders such as gradle.
* Experience with testing and how to test properly - unit test, regression test, smoke test, etc.
* Experience with data model / db design, and reporting services.
* Experience with J2EE server configuration, and administration.
* Strong object oriented development and design experience.
* Must be a great team player! This is a highly collaborative position, working with technical resources, subject matter experts, and users.
* Must have experience leading teams, coordinating dependent activities, and completing activities to meet deliverable dates.
The client is looking for candidates that can interview in person and is unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time.