This position is for development, communication and implementation of the organization's Java-based external facing, mission-critical, large-scale portals, including the components required to integrate internal and external services. Architect will be an integral part of the portal architecture team leading the development and establishment of pragmatic, quality oriented software engineering best practices across a number of geographically distributed development teams. The position requires extensive latest client and server side UI/UX frameworks, knowledge and experience of both commercial and open source components such as JQuery, Bootstrap + LESS, AngularJS, Scala, CQ, ESB, BPM engines, rules engines, messaging, etc.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals in designing and developing Enterprise portal solutions.
- Develop tools and utilities to assist in application integration and adoption of developed Java/J2EE components, frameworks, and libraries
- Define and document implementation patterns for developed Java/J2EE components, frameworks, and libraries
- Consult with application development teams to ensure alignment with enterprise standards & practices
- Perform in-depth technical evaluations of Java/J2EE components, frameworks, and library offerings
- Participate and/or lead the development and implementation of enterprise-wide initiatives in the portal area to support both mobile and web clients
- Architect and develop reusable frameworks, and libraries and best practices for mission-critical portal implementations
- Educate and train software developers on Java/J2EE and UI/UX components, frameworks, and libraries
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
- Undergraduate degree
- Application Architect
- 8 to 10 years of diverse experience in IT with various Java-based technology platforms, tools, and environments
- 8 or more years of experience architecting and developing object-oriented applications in a J2EE environment
- 5 or more years experience working with enterprise applications architecture frameworks
- Strong experience in designing and developing portal applications using Java technologies
- Experience with application design, solution modeling, and model-driven development
- Several years of technical team leadership experience
- Knowledge of Open Source frameworks and tools: Spring, Hibernate, Eclipse, Maven and others
- Hands-on experience with the following tools: JBoss Application Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server and others
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Strong understanding of latest portal UX technologies and enterprise application architecture landscape
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies (Mule experience preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of SOA and Web Services technologies
- Experience with Adobe technologies and integration techniques (e.g. CQ) Working knowledge in database design concepts and SQL
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach
- Demonstrated experience in using software design patterns
- Proven skills in documenting and communicating complex software architectures using UML
- Extensive experience in full software development lifecycle using agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Travel: Possible, limited travel to other company locations for work assignments
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 11 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...