JACK SPADE began in 1996 out of a warehouse on Warren Street in New York City. It grew out of the idea that useful items could also be stylish. We started using waxed fabrics and heavy canvas to make a few bags for friends. Over time we received feedback, made changes and developed a line of straightforward shapes. Then we thought, why not sell them to people who really use utility bags?
The first JACK SPADE bag was sold to a hardware store in 1997.
Today, JACK SPADE has grown to include clothing, small goods and accessories. We’ve remained true to the idea that good design solves a problem with straightforward solutions, using timeless and durable materials.
JACK SPADE can be found online at jackspade.com, in our 9 retail stores in the US, UK and Japan, and top select stores worldwide.
general purpose of the position: to increase sales through improved operational and administrative procedures and the development of new opportunities to add value to the customer experience in a JACK SPADE store.
client & service expert:
• development of a clientele through proactive client outreach and the ability to build and maintain relationships with new clients
• partner with SM to develop business driving initiatives that builds a repeat business or attract a new customer to the store
• ensure each associate is actively utilizing their client book in order to generate increased sales through monthly client book reviews and evaluation of their outreach
• ensure team is compliant will all clientele standards and thank you note program
• ensure all associates complete the sales training program
• model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales
leadership presence/steward of talent:
• assist SM with the achievement of financial success through improvement of measurable results that positively impact the store performance
• responsible for assuming the SM role in manager’s absence
• lead by example with the achievement of personal sales goals
• educate team on sales plans, personal goals, measurable stats, is able to coach to these stats to ensure business in maximized
• ability to network in the community to ensure open positions are filled efficiently with little impact to the business
• conduct ongoing review and assessment of employee performance
building brand equity:
• understand and able to communicate the JACK SPADE brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and customer
• ensure brand and operating standards are met to support brand consistency.
• ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented and store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
• communicate merchandise sell-through, stock position, business trend information, product issues, customer feedback to SM in order to increase customer service and sales
• perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility
• assist SM with maintaining payroll budget by managing schedule and making necessary adjustments when the business warrants
• monitor, maintain, and follow company policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention to protect the company’s inventory and assets
• ability to accurately manage the processing of all pos transactions to maintain the integrity of the inventory
skills and abilities required:
• professional sales development and exceptional interpersonal skills
• strong leadership qualities; the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and to our client base
• ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
• comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team-environment
• proficient in windows-based software such as excel, word and outlook
• available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
• standing for extended periods of time
• able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
• comfortable climbing ladders
education and experience required:
• minimum 3 years management experience in a comparable retail environment
• college degree preferred
Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. - 11 months ago