JAVA / Sr JAVA Developer
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Full-time / Part-time
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Tier II - No Credit Check
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s Information Technology – Application Development department has immediate openings for
JAVA/Senior software developer
on the Cash application development team.
In this critical role, you will design, develop, test, implement, debug and support critical enterprise applications in a diverse technical environment.
These positions may include both development and support responsibilities so the ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is critical.
Frequent interaction with customers and other groups is normal, so excellent communication and teamwork is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Design, develop, code, test, build, deploy, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
Participate in a 24x7 support rotation.
This includes answering user questions, fulfilling user requests, resolving system issues, etc.
Work with other technical staff to understand problems with software then develops specifications and estimates to resolve them.
Must be willing to travel overnight as required.
Enterprise-level Java application development programming experience.
Experience should include architecture, design, development, testing, build, implementation, and post-implementation support.
Experience developing secure, high availability, interactive web applications.
Excellent oral and written communication.
Proven customer service skills.
Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents.
Proven ability to clearly document processes and procedures.
Proven ability to complete tasks or project assignments with minimal supervision.
Must be adaptable, flexible, organized, detail oriented, work well in a team environment, and have a strong drive for success.
Must be U.S. citizen or a green carder holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position
Practical experience and knowledge of the following technologies and tools:
Java: Servlets, JSF,
Spring, JUnit, Hibernate, Log4j or other logging framework
SQL Development (Oracle)
Source control tools (Subversion, or other)
Application Servers: WebSphere preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
Sun Java Certification
- Exposure to the following technologies and tools
- Reporting software (Business Objects)
- Test management software (HP Quality Center or other)
Intermediate Java Developer
5+ years of enterprise-level Java application development programming experience.
Experience working on projects of moderate complexity.
Experience executing the build and deployment of applications.
Senior Java Developer
7+ years of enterprise-level Java application development programming experience.
Proven experience in architecting new software and software enhancements.
Experience working on projects of moderate to major complexity.
Proven experience leading a Java development team and mentoring other developers.
Experience designing, managing, and executing the build and deployment of applications.
** Interested candidates should submit their resume to www.frbsf.org//careers
***Selected candidate subject to special background investigation procedures
– Treats all customers with dignity, respect, and a welcoming attitude, keeps promises and commitments to customers/stakeholders, seeks and obtains mutual agreements to deadlines, quality standards, and other expectations important to the customer, and shows ownership by taking action to ensure customer needs are met.
Drive for Success
– Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results, sets and maintains high performance standards, takes initiative to try new things to reach challenging goals, demonstrates commitment to achieve goals, sees obstacles as challenges/opportunities and approaches them with a can-do attitude.
– Solicits and is receptive to input and feedback from team members, pursues continuous learning with others in teams, works to instill and maintain cooperation among team members, and adapts behavior and communication style to be effective in the situation.
Treats all team members with respect.
– Actively listens to others to gain an understanding of different perspectives, provides useful and consultative feedback in a respectful manner, and communicates to appropriate parties immediately upon discovery of potential problems and ensures “no surprises.”
– Identifies and suggests novel ideas, solutions, or directions to seek out a better way, works to solve problems creatively, generates fact-based insights, systematically and logically evaluates opportunities and potential solutions, takes responsible risks and learns from mistakes, makes reasonable judgments with limited facts and resources.
– Must be detail oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time.
– Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, and looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
** Interested candidates should submit their resume to
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.