Coordinate with the project team and design consultants, under the direct guidance of the Project Designer.
Assist Project Designer in developing budgets and estimates for interior architectural elements and details.
Set up project document structure in accordance with MRID standards.
Coordinate with Property, General Contractor, Purchasing Department and Vendors at pre-production, production, and installation of FF&E specialty items (i.e., custom decorative lighting, murals, ceilings, special finishes, interior architectural elements, etc.) to ensure that the design integrity is maintained.
Provide field visits to verify construction and finishes are installed per documents and conduct interior and architectural punch lists as required.
Manage and archive MRID project documentation and records.
Conduct preliminary field surveys and create as-built plans as needed.
Produce content for design intent drawings and space plans, for presentation of design concept.
Assist Project Designer with creating interior architectural design concepts and selecting of related materials for projects.
Create interior detail sketches for custom decorative lighting, millwork and other built-in casework, stone and tile flooring patterns, carpet patterns, window treatments, interior elements, product design and other custom interior finishes.
Produce project construction documentation based on approved program, budget and concept design.
Interact with Project Interior Designer and Project Architect in the coordination of the following:
Provide responses to questions posed in contractor’s RFI’s that are related to the project interior architectural design intent, within the allotted timeframe.
Review, comment, coordinate and accept shop drawings related to interior architectural elements within the response time allotted.
All duties are to be performed under the guidance of the department Directors and in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Perform other job related duties as requested.
- floor finishes, wall and ceiling finishes, interior architectural details, millwork, window treatments, built-in furnishings, stonework and ceramic tile, decorative lighting and other materials as required by project scope.
- At least 3 years of working experience in an architectural or interior design organization with emphasis on hospitality design projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor Degree from a 4 or 5 year accredited Architecture or Interior Architecture program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Actively working towards NCIDQ or NCARB certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Basic knowledge of Graphics programs and Photoshop for rendering and sketching design concepts.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 13 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...