JVS announces its opening for an Executive Vice President/COO located in Southfield Michigan.
Completion of a Graduate degree in Guidance and Counseling, Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, Business or Public Administration, Mental Health/Behavioral Health. Other related degrees will be considered. Five to ten years of progressively more responsible administrative experience in the management of vocational and/or rehabilitation, counseling, elder care and/or employment related delivery systems in a similarly complex nonprofit organization highly desirable. Composition skills sufficient to prepare required reports, proposals, letters and other written materials. Knowledge of CARF standards. Prefer individuals who are licensed in the State of Michigan as a Psychologist, Social Worker or Counselor.
• As part of the executive team, supervise designated management and administrative staff to coordinate professional areas and ensure that programmatic, fiscal, and strategic goals are met and that key community needs are addressed.
• As designated by the President/CEO, work with committees of the Board of Trustees to assist in the development of annual strategic objectives, goals, and policies for the Agency and oversee their implementation. Staff various board committees including coordinating the activities of and act as secretary to designated committees.
• Make reports to the Board of Trustees and to the various committees.
• Assist in the administration and interpretation of Agency practices and policies.
• Carry out various administrative duties related to budgeting authority of payments, etc.
• Make recommendations to the President/CEO of program, organizational and administrative policy revisions.
• Assist in maintaining relationships with, and making presentations to, various funding sources and stakeholders in the community. Take full responsibility for relationships as assigned.
• Serve of Community and Professional Committees, boards and/or task forces to advocate for and promote services for individuals that JVS serves. Represent the Agency at various public and private organizations’ events.
• Assume the duties of the President/CEO during periods of temporary absence, or incapacity (when determined by the Board), retirement, or resignation of the President/CEO, act as President/CEO until the Board of Trustees shall select a successor.
• Oversee and assist with grant writing through supervision of staff position and contractual or other outside staff, as appropriate.
• Serve on or chair Agency committee(s) as appropriate.
Position involves the ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, and early mornings.
Work assignments will involve travel throughout the metropolitan Detroit area as well as the United States and Canada.
SALARY AND RELATED:
Salary is based on experience. Benefits include a Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO or HMO option and is available under a premium-sharing plan. Option is available to substitute $1,560 per year in lieu of health insurance. Other benefits include vacation, sick leave, life insurance, long-term disability, and retirement when eligibility requirements are met.
JVS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that engages in affirmative action to employ minority, female, protected veteran status and disabled individuals. JVS is a community supported, non profit vocational counseling, job placement and vocational rehabilitation agency operating under the auspices of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and United Way. Rehabilitation services are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. We are a Drug-free Workplace.
Interested individuals should apply by: June 30, 2014
Please send resumes to: Teresa Schwartz, Vice President, Human Resources
29699 Southfield Road
Southfield, MI 48076
Procedure for Applying for a Position at JVS; No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for available positions within our organization.
Please follow these steps when applying for a position at JVS and be sure to include the position in which you are applying.
1. When faxing your resume, fax to 248-552-7097.
2. When applying on-line, email your resume to HR@jvsdet.org or complete an on-line application.
3. When applying by mail, please mail to the address listed above.
4. When applying in person, visit either our JVS location at the address above or our Detroit location at: 4250 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201.
Special Note: We do not pay for employee relocation.
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit - 28 days ago
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit : Website