SparkBase is looking for an experienced Java/J2EE developer. Within the first six months you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core SparkBase platform services.
- Develop and maintain new and existing JBoss-based applications in our agile environment.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Within the first six months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core SparkBase platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing SparkBase systems, as well as with SparkBase’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) – cowboy coders need not apply.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
- Experience writing Java J2EE applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing, deploying and maintaining JBoss and/or J2EE-based applications.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with JMS and/or MuleESB (or other ESB systems.)
- JBoss rules or other rule engine experience (real world LISP experience counts, too.)
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience.
- PHP experience.
- Experience with payments processing and/or Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental…for you and your family.
- Stock Options!
- We have brand-spankin’ new offices – and they’re pretty spectacular.
- All the coffee you can drink.
- Macs or Linux desktops with big ‘ol monitors.
- We pick people, over degrees…and reward awesomeness.
JumpStart, Inc. - 9 months ago