Would you like to work for Epic Games new studio focused on aiding in the development of Unreal Engine 4, and specializing in online game services and the infrstructure to support them? Would you like to do that in the Seattle area? Would you like to write code that is used by thousands of developers in hundreds of games? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating the online infrastructure for Epic's games? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Java/Online Server Programmer with strong knowledge of multithreaded programming, parallelization techniques, systems performance design and measurement, and great design skills. You will be responsible for the architecture/design and implementation of cloud based services that support game features directly and indirectly by providing analytics on player behavior and other research tasks. If you have a passion for games, and experience developing online infrastructure using cloud technologies, we’d like to speak with you.
- Expert level Java experience
- Experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Experience with one or more high level protocols such as HTTPS, SMTP, FTP
- Experience developing RESTful applications or other web services
- Distributed systems experience
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
Preferance to applicants with:
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows)
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo, etc.)
- Experience with one or more cloud environments (GAE, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent communication skills
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
Epic Games, Inc., based in Cary, NC and established in 1991, develops cutting-edge games and cross-platform game engine technology. The...