SOLUTE Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to join an innovative and exciting software development project. SOLUTE’s engineering team is located in Mission Valley, San Diego, and is made up of skilled and energetic engineers who like to have fun developing creative solutions to challenging problems. SOLUTE has been in business for 10 years, but still maintains the start up vibe with an agile and flexible development process.
SOLUTE is looking for a Software Engineer with solid experience in Java, Java Enterprise, Java Application Servers, and Software Package Management Systems. Ideally, the candidate will have recent experience working with enterprise Java web applications and databases, and have a keen eye for quality software designs. While the employee will have the opportunity to work on a variety of technologies, the initial project is focused on developing an “App Store” for the United States Navy to aid in the automated distribution, installation and configuration of Command and Control (C2) applications.
SOLUTE has an ambitious engineering team but we believe in a relaxed work environment that fosters creativity and innovation. You’ll be largely self-managed and have the opportunity to help define your own path to success. SOLUTE is looking for highly motivated individuals looking to take the next step in their career. Be designing complex software systems or researching new technologies, whatever your goals SOLUTE will help you reach them while also developing exciting and cutting-edge solutions to problems relevant to our Nation’s security.
• Participate in an agile software development process.
• Brainstorm, design, architect, and think about hard problems with your peers.
• Write code and review code written by others to help the team develop quality software. (This is not a refactoring effort)
• Seek out and research new technologies to stay sharp and find new solutions.
• Visit local aircraft carriers, operations centers, and other facilities to see the operational environment of the prospective solutions.
• University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• Experience with Software Package Management Systems (e.g. RPM Package Manager)
• Experience with Java and Java Enterprise Edition.
• Experience with Java Application Servers.
• Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
• Experience with the Ozone Widget Framework (OWF)
• Experience with agile software development.
• Experience with Linux / Unix.
• Familiarity with software design patterns.
• Experience within Navy or Department of Defense.
• Familiarity with Navy Networks.
• An active or prior DoD security clearance.
SOLUTE - 15 months ago