This is an outstanding opportunity for an up-and-coming engineer with a couple of years of Java, .NET or other OO experience to be trained in Salesforce.com development.
In this junior / mid level role your Java, Python, REST API or other web technology knowledge will serve as a foundation to learning Salesforce and its associated technologies (force.com, Visualforce, Apex, etc.). Additional experience with cloud environments, ERP/CRM and/or unit testing will add to your candidacy. This position will have plenty of room for technical and professional growth as well as a large amount of flexibility.
Based in our Sebastopol, CA headquarters (1 hour North of San Francisco in beautiful Western Sonoma County) you will have the opportunity to expand your skill set and have a high level of autonomy in our relaxed but innovative environment. Our engineering team is a group of life-long learners that is not married to a particular technology, methodology or job description, instead we encourage innovation, exploring the latest technology for elegant, efficient solutions, and tackling and solving all technical challenges. If this sounds like an environment and role in which you would thrive then please submit your resume for consideration.
Safari Books Online is investing heavily in bringing all our customer data into Salesforce.com to create the CRM holy grail - a 360 degree view of our customers which enables all of our departments to be more amazing.
Here is a small sample of our current initiatives:
Products and Technologies you get to work with:
- Ensuring Salesforce contains all of our customer’s basic information from our various product platforms. This involves batch sync operations as well as near-realtime API interactions
- Instrumenting all of our various customer touches in such a way that they can be “stapled” back to the customer record in Salesforce
- Implementing strategies to de-duplicate customer records. This includes merging and preventing duplicates
- Make customer service and tech support reps thrilled by replacing manual Salesforce processes with “easy buttons” to do the work for them. This includes billing tasks, provisioning of accounts, and customizing the new Case Feed feature
- Help to develop an architecture to segment customers and create personalized emails
- Develop “crowd-sourced” Customer Support Portals using force.com sites and Salesforce Communities
- Streamline our title request workflow, where customers request titles and we work with Publishers to deliver them
- Help to create better product feature and pricing management, so the Sales department can generate Quotes and Orders a little faster and more easily
- Explore transitioning to VisualForce/PDF solutions to replace word documents
- Develop Enterprise mobile apps, using salesforce as the backend, to enable our Sales Reps to be more productive on the go
- Salesforce (All aspects: Service, Sales, Marketing, Platform)
- force.com sites (Leveraging standard web technologies, CSS/jQuery, etc)
- Salesforce Communities
- CRMfusion’s DemandTools
- Zoura subscription management
- Google Cloud Platform
- Various platforms on our local servers (python/php/mysql/hadoop)