You couldn’t find a better time to join the Rent-A-Center IT Business Solutions team. We are on a three year journey to become a World Class Development organization and recently started our transformation to an Agile (Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises “SAFe”) shop. We have invested in some of the best automation tools for application lifecycle management, quality assurance, and data integration platforms; as well as architecting new systems around the latest cloud-based technologies and application frameworks! Come join us and be a part of the team that is enabling business growth at RAC.
Responsible for creating and maintaining enterprise level applications that meet the needs of the business community, while ensuring scalability and high availability. In the creation of new or the maintenance of existing applications, the Software Engineer II assists in the identification of business requirements, creation of functional designs and supports user acceptance testing. The Software Engineer II is responsible for creating technical designs, encoding the applications, creating and performing unit tests. Throughout the entire Systems Development Life Cycle, the Software Engineer II follows the guidelines and standards as set forth in the IT Department Policies and Procedures. These standards include source code control, documentation, testing practices, naming and project standards, and move to production and release processes.
- • Design, code, test, and troubleshoot application programs and/or system interfaces utilizing defined hardware, database, and programming technology
- • Maintain and modify application programs; make approved changes per coding standards
- • Work under the direction of a supervisor or lead on application development, integration, and maintenance projects
- • Work with technical business analysts and developers to ensure understanding of application intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- • Write and maintain complex application documentation
- • Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed
- • Estimate the level of effort required to accomplish tasks
- • Strict adherence to RAC's IT SDLC processes and standards
- • Analyze performance of applications and take action to correct deficiencies based upon consultation with users, other technical resources, and the Manager Application Development
- • Confer with technical business analysts and business community to gain an understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing applications
- • Create logical and physical data models to meet the needs of the business community requirements
- • Lead the overall technical direction for medium to large sized projects
- • Mentor junior software development team members
- • Assist in the enforcement of Coding standards through code reviews
- • Have st
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• 6 to 10 years progressive application development and integration experience, supporting medium to larger sized applications.
• 2+ years of Solution Architecture experience.
• Experience using Java, ASP, Web Services, and Hibernate
• Advanced knowledge of SQL against a relational database
• Exposure to any EAI tools like TIBCO
• Advanced experience with source control tools (SVN or similar) and defect tracking systems required
• A strong business acumen with basic knowledge of Retail principles
• Clear and effective writing and technical documentation skills
• Advanced understanding of Object Oriented Programming practices
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to see a task to completion
• Good analytical/problem-solving skills
Rent-A-Center - 5 months ago
Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that allow the...