DTN/The Progressive Farmer, a part of Schneider Electric, is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at DTN/The Progressive Farmer. |
DTN/The Progressive Farmer has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Java Web Application Developer in our Omaha, NE location. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintain products using various Web technologies in the Java environment. This individual will join a team focused on the enhancements of existing products as well as the creation and design of new products for the agriculture development team.
- Participate in the specification and design phase
- Prototype, code and test components
- Communicate with QA throughout testing phase
- Prepare documentation
- Support operational department and production systems when needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Software Development Manager.
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or BA/BS with equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years solid web application design and development in a Java environment
- Familiarity with ColdFusion desirable. Ability to pick up ColdFusion as a development platform is strongly desirable.
- Web UI development using JSP, JSTL, Spring/Spring-MVC required. Freemarker/Velocity, Struts and Tiles desirable.
- Experience with build tools like ANT/Maven strongly desired. Experience with continuous integration tools like CruiseControl / Hudson / Jenkins desirable.
- Experience with XML, DTD/XSD, XSLT and XML parsing/transformation required.
- Database design experience using a major RDBMS is required, experience working with MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle preferred
- Experience with JBoss Application Server /Tomcat and Java web services preferred
- Experience using JAX-WS, SOAP or REST or An AJAX- based web browser application communicating to REST web services
- Experience with JMS and EAI technologies including web services to communicate with applications running on the ColdFusion or Microsoft .NET platform a strong plus
- Skilled in analyzing product requirements and designing solutions accordingly
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team, to achieve design and delivery goals is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what its like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About DTN, Progressive Farmer:
DTN/The Progressive Farmer is the largest Agriculture media company with resources and abilities never seen before. We deliver the industrys leading producers through highly-targeted print, digital, video and mobile vehicles, as well as live events. Our commitment to the industry, dedication to delivering Ags pre-eminent business publication, and ongoing goal to grow our digital information services to meet the changing needs of todays producers and Agribusinesses, have provided us with a unique and positive position.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations Make the most of their energy.
Telvent - 18 months ago