A stealth leader in banking and finance is seeking a Java Developer for a 6+ month contract in NYC.
The Interest Rate Group (IRG) at the company is a major player in electronic market activities. The business includes market-making activities across various electronic markets as well as client-facing business, proprietary trading and futures and options brokerage. The Electronic Trading Systems (ETS) IT team provides a third-party trading platform ION MarketView as well as in-house market connectivity via exchange APIs, pricing engine, post-trade STP and proprietary trading algorithms to the business.
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop electronic markets applications in a multi-threaded, real-time environment.
- Problem-solve integration issues.
- Work with traders, developers, business analysts, and vendors to determine functional requirements and integration plans for applications.
- Provide second-line support of applications for a diverse set of front-office users.
What you need:
- Strong Java, SQL.
- Working knowledge of TIBCO Rendezvous.
- Previous exposure to low latency programming and multi-threaded environments Good design and architectural skills.
- Front office experience.
- Familiarity with ION MarketView a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with Progress Apama a plus but not required.
- Graduate qualification in a numerate discipline is preferable; for example, Physics or Mathematics.
Other Core competencies:
Interviews are currently occurring, so please apply today.
- Knowledge of interest rates products (Bonds, Swaps, Futures, Options) and their trading processes is an advantage.
- The candidate must be able to work under pressure in a challenging-environment.
- The candidate must have high levels of commitment and motivation, as well as a desire to work closely with the Business and other IT and Research teams.
- The candidates will have to be hands on, rigorous, meticulous and methodical.