Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Java Developer - Back End to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
- Working closely with the Lead Architect, the Senior Java Developer will participate in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a browser based application implemented using Java and backend web services.
- R esponsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement and working with/mentoring junior team members.
- S upport the Lead Architect in the technical management and execution of the project including coordinating tasking, ensuring that milestones are achieved, working with team members, and supporting meeting briefings.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 15+ years of software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software sy stems on Windows and Unix/Linux.
- Minimum 5+ years of Java application development experience .
- Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, iBatis etc.), Object-Oriented Design, and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or WebSphere, and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2 .
- Experience with Oracle SOA Suite is a plus .
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration) .
- Demonstrated leadership of large-scale software engineering projects a strong plus .
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience a plus .
- Agile development experience a plus .
- Code (preferably Java but will accept any language) and writing samples may be requested .
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance .
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday .
- First-hand experience working with large project teams (working with the Federal Government a strong plus) .
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems.
- Ability to work in a high-pressur ed, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral com munication skills are essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
Fairfield Technologies, Inc. - 17 months ago