About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas (
) has a presence in 80 countries with nearly 200,000 employees, including more than 150,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
As a member of the Securities Lending Technology team, the candidate will need to be very familiar with Java development environment, MQ tools as well as have a deep understanding of Sybase database and middleware technologies.
As a front office technology team, we have a lot of requests from Securities Lending and Funding Desks, so the pressure is high. The candidate must have strong technical design skills and be familiar with Object Oriented design concepts and design patterns. They will be required to design and implement application data models using Sybase Server along with performing code reviews and enforcing technical architecture standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant financial industry experience
- Strong experience with Sybase, Java, Perl
- Strong background in Securities Finance and money market products
- Proven experience with large application architecture design and development
- Strong experience with Java Web Services and XML soap messages
- Deep understanding of Java (J2EE) and MQ
- Experience with Client Rebate allocation and margin interest
- Knowledge of Loanet, DTC and BPSA will be a plus
- Familiarity with Securities Lending business
- Deep understanding of OO design concepts and design patterns
- Deep understanding of database and middleware technologies
- Familiarity with Portal technologies is a plus
- Experience in C#, .NET will be a plus
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...