Java Engineer, Back-end
At ZipRealty (NASDAQ: ZIPR), you’ll join a highly effective development team with experience in all aspects of web application development, including building the most trafficked real estate brokerage website in the country. That’s only half the equation, though, because this powerful consumer application connects directly to the most up-to-date Real Estate MLS data. This is where you come in.
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced, passionate, and talented engineer deeply excited about the opportunity you will have here: taking our business to the next level by leading development to expand our MLS footprint across the nation. You are obsessed with scalability and looking for an opportunity to take database-backed Web apps to the next level. You thrive on being a key contributor to a small development team in a fun, fast paced work environment. You have an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and excellent technical abilities.
Skills you should have:
- Lead the development efforts to maintain and improve our high availability publishing application/system.
- Automate existing manual processes where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain additional Real Estate related harvest systems like transfer records, partner data pull and/or push, etc.
- Take product specifications and implement them into stable and maintainable applications.
- Identify, define and implement industry standard software engineering best practices.
- Tune the applications to optimize performance.
- Work with other Engineering teams to co-ordinate release cycles.
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years Java based web development experience
- Excellent understanding of Java SE
- Experience using JUnit framework for unit testing.
- Deep understanding of object oriented software design, especially Java based web apps
- Ability to digest new codebases, APIs, and products quickly
- Methodically troubleshooting problems
- SQL (preferably in an Oracle database)
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with Hibernate and/or Spring
- Experience with Version Control System (Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with Maven
- Familiarity with Tomcat configuration
- Experience using SQL with MySQL
- Experience managing other engineers
ZipRealty - 21 months ago
ZipRealty is a company built on meaningful innovation. We are energized by an ever-changing real estate market and the challenge of moving...