**LOCAL Candidates Preferred
Technical project manager with experience leading development efforts and supervising highly technical staff on large Java development projects. Candidate MUST have a strong development background preferably in Java/Oracle.
Pay Rate: DOE $60- $75 Per Hour C2C
Virginia State Police (VSP) has completed the requirements for replacement of one of its large statewide software applications. Planning for development and implementation activities is currently underway. A Technical project manager with experience leading development efforts and supervising highly technical staff on large development projects is needed.
The technical project manager position will:
- Manage the design, development, testing and implementation of a new complex enterprise Java/JEE application.
- Lead the project team composed of a Java architect, Senior Java developers, business analysts and QA staff and will ensure that that the deliverables satisfy user requirements.
- Assign tasks, monitor milestones, manage risks, and coordinate requirements and implementations with stakeholders, other systems and the Engineering Unit.
- Review the project plans, system design and approaches, and the testing and development activities.
- Will be responsible for the testing and implementation of the new system. They may also perform software or database development and testing activities related to the project.
This position is expected to have an extensive software development background in addition to management and supervisory development experience. It is expected that they will be proficient in database commands and software development lifecycle processes. It is highly desirable that this position have extensive Java/JEE and Oracle development experience.
- Experience as a technical project manager on a large software development projects using Java/JEE, enterprise databases and web technologies - 3 Years
- Proficiency and experience with relational database commands (inquiries, updates, etc.). - 3 years
- Enterprise software development and design experience - 10 Years
- Knowledge and/or working experience with web services and web frameworks (i.e. Struts) Highly desired - 3 Years
- Knowledge and/or working experience with O/R Mapping framework (Hibernate/JPA) and Spring - Highly desired - 2 Years
- Working knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL - Highly desired - 3 Years
- Experience in supervision of highly technical Java/JEE staff - 3 years
- Demonstrated past experience managing development projects through the entire life cycle. - 3 Years
- Excellent communication and written skills
- SQL experience - 3 Years
- Experience with test driven software development - 2 Years
- Experience and/or knowledge of UML/Rational Unified Process (RUP) - 2 Years
- Experience wiht Service Oriented Architecture - 2 Years
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Technamo LLC - 22 months ago
Technamo is a niche IT service provider focused on providing IT Solutions & Services serving in the government and commercial markets....