What does the Software Engineering group do within FICO?
A position exists in the Engineering team for an experienced and talented engineer to join an existing and productive team. The successful candidate will be recruited into a team focused on product development. As a managed service, our whole business model depends on the technology that the Engineering team provide and the product team is central to innovating and developing that technology.
What will YOU do as a Java Developer at FICO?
The current product is built in Java and deployed on Linux in a highly-distributed architecture with a large number of independent JVMs communicating with a combination of JMS and HTTP protocols.
- Working with Product Management to define and scope new product features
- Clarification of requirements and planning of phased deliveries
- Architecture and design
- Proposing and introducing use of new technologies where appropriate
- Rapid prototyping of solutions
- Implementing and refining formal products
- Documenting features and presenting them to a variety of internal audiences
- Producing and maintaining demos
- Providing third-level support when required
Why make a move to FICO?
- Proven ability to write high-quality code as efficiently as possible with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts effectively with remote peers
- Commitment to doing what it takes to deliver to an agreed schedule
- Excellent product- and component-level design skills
- Strong awareness of the context in which their software runs – both functionally and operationally
- Very strong analytical skills – including requirements, analysis and debugging
- Core Java
- Enterprise security principles
- AJAX Web Interface implementation with knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS
- RDBMS - SQL and stored procedures
- Java in a Linux environment
- A passion for technology and interest in applying that passion in a focused way
- Technical curiosity – wanting to understand how things work
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for banking, insurance, retail and healthcare. Our ability to drive smarter decisions is driving some of the world’s leading companies to a new level of analytics-fuelled success.
Our success is founded on really talented people – just like you – who enjoy:
Innovation – change the game for us and for our clients around the world
Teamwork – lead and learn from the very best in your field
High Performance – challenge yourself and reap the rewards of delivering results
Opportunity – grow with a global company that develops talent
FICO™ (NYSE: FICO) delivers superior predictive analytics that drive smarter decisions. Our groundbreaking use of mathematics to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries and revolutionized the way risk is managed and products are marketed. FICO's innovative solutions include the FICO(R) Score - the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States - along with industry-leading solutions for managing credit accounts, identifying and minimizing the impact of fraud, and customizing consumer offers with pinpoint accuracy. Most of the world's top banks, as well as leading insurers, retailers, pharma businesses and government agencies rely on FICO solutions to accelerate growth, control risk, boost profits, and meet regulatory and competitive demands. FICO also helps millions of individuals manage their personal credit health through www.myFICO.com. Learn more about FICO at www.fico.com.
FICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
FICO: Make every decision count
FICO - 17 months ago
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading...