State: New York
Postal/Zip Code: 11801
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset and still hold true to the core values of our humble beginnings that has made us a true success.
As a Job Tracking Specialist for Allied Building Products, you will work closely with the sales team on a daily basis, providing information needed to construct bids on projects.
Complete Job Description
- Keep detailed tracking data on each project and on the follow up from the sales force
- Initiate and establish relationships with the General Contractors to solicit information on the status of each project and who is being used as sub contractors on the job site
- Monitor and maintain logs showing current material costs for the Region
- Review competitive market situation to determine all margin opportunities
- Assist with project specification reading
- Perform tasks as needed
- 3+ years experience in Construction Management, Estimating, Bid Development or related
- Sales acumen and a sense of urgency
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate and build relationships is necessary
- Must have attention to detail
- Must be organized
What Allied Offers You
- Associates degree is preferred
- Familiarity with Access data base and/or Dodge (or other plan center website)is a plus
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest in the Allied family. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 2000 locations and 39,000...