The Joslin Care Coordinator (Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant) will assist patients and providers pleasantly and professionally throughout their visit.
Responsibilities include performing phlebotomy on all age groups from pediatric to geriatric, taking accurate and thorough vital signs and medical values, reviewing medication, insuring accurate data entry into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and downloading patient meters and pumps while efficiently managing and facilitating patient flow.
Hours are: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Cleans and prepares work area/exam room for next patient
- Greets patients by name; identify self and explain your role
- Properly identify patient (verify name, DOB) and label specimen/tubes
- Perform phlebotomy and collect appropriate specimens on all age groups
- Obtain blood pressure/pulse, weight, waist measurements, temperature if ill and review medication history with patient
- Perform data entry efficiently in Ntierprise, NextGen and LIS
- Assist patients as needed with undressing
- Provide mobile phlebotomy assistance in other areas of clinic as needed
- Recognizes low blood sugars and administers treatment according to clinic protocol
- Calls 1903 whenever needed
- Assists in training new personnel in the work areas
- Download patient meters and print reports whenever needed
- High School diploma
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant or phlebotomy program
- Minimum 1 year of phlebotomy/medical assistant experience
- CPR (AHA) certified preferred
- ASCP phlebotomy license or equivalent preferred
- Proficient computer skills
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to anticipate and react to the needs of patients and medical staff
- Ability to function in fast paced, diversified work environment
- Excellent communication skills