Assists journeymen and/or performs hands-on maintenance tasks to include: installing, repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment. Assists journeymen and/or performs structural and plate welding as required in a safe, logical and efficient manner complying with all required codes and safety regulations. |
1. Must have a satisfactory work record.
2. Must successfully pass the TABE math and reading test and mechanical concepts aptitude test.
3. Must successfully pass Tri-State's entry level mechanic test.
4. Must have successfully completed Tri-State G&T Laborer step-grade program OR have a minimum of 2 years of practical experience working with similar equipment in power plants or closely allied industries.
5. Must have sufficient knowledge of and skill in, the safe use of mechanical and welding tools and test equipment.
6. May be assigned to other work schedules, rotating shift and subject to "on call" (availability) status at management discretion.
7. Required to cooperate with and support Planning and Scheduling functions within specific guidelines as determined by management.
8. May be required to act as liaison to and/or coordinate with other Tri-State entities and any extra-corporate entities.
9. Must be able to demonstrate the capability of performing all of the essential functions of the position.
10. Must have a current and valid driver's license.
How To Apply
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Amount of Travel
Up to 10%
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association Inc. - 2 years ago
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 44 electric cooperatives that it...