Simpson Lumber Co., Johns Prairie Operation, Shelton, WA, has an immediate opening for an experienced manufacturing Journeyman Millwright. Starting rate $26.78 per hour. Simpson provides a competitive benefits package which includes medical/dental, vacation, paid holidays, and 401k savings plan with employer match.
Working at Simpson means you will be working with a progressive employer with a strong safety culture and a drug free environment.
All candidates must be safety conscious, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, be experienced in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a market focused, team environment.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Responsible for safely performing the following:
-Machine center troubleshooting, repair, assembly and preventative maintenance;
-Fabricate equipment and make modifications;
-Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains;
-Hydraulics & pneumatics;
-Using power tools.
Qualifications – Required:
* Minimum 5 years millwright experience
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Welding, fabrication, general machine assembly and machine alignment experience
* Must have experience in hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively.
* Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Must demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new jobs & skills.
* Must have excellent listening & communications skills
* Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and treat all employees with respect and dignity
* Must be team oriented; puts team's needs ahead of individual interests and works to develop trust and respect;
* Takes initiative to identify and solve issues and accepts personal accountability for team's plans and results
* Successful candidates must be willing to work any shift
* Must have the willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs
* Lift up to 50 pounds
* Must possess ability to work in an environment containing wood dust and extreme heat or cold
* Ability & willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position
Qualifications – Preferred:
Travel Required? No
Shift Hours: Days, Swing, or Weekend
Simpson - 10 months ago
Founded in 1890, Simpson is one of the oldest, continuously operating forest products companies in the Pacific Northwest. Today, Simpson...