Creates the design, development, selection and approval of materials, silhouettes, color usage, and patterns appropriate for assigned brand and classification. The categories are Celebrations and Holiday's.
· Interprets the seasonal trend direction, assortment opportunities, and merchandise trends for area of responsibility.
· Creates original concepts that encompass style, color, and materials for assigned brands to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with the brand profile. Initiates product packages through the Technical Designers.
· Prepares line and presentation materials for Trend Concept Work Session, Concept Sample Line Review, and line review sessions as needed. Partners with Product Managers to present Concept Sample Line Review and other meetings as needed for area of responsibility.
· Shops appropriate markets, and works with the Trend Office and Product and Design Team to conceptualize product design for the season.
· Completes timely approval of all pre-pros and returns signed confirmation sample to vendor.
· Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action Calendar
· College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work experience in a design related field preferred.
· 2-4 years designing Celebration and Holiday products experience required
· Patternmaking knowledge a plus
· Ability to design around concepts and design flat sketches
· Technical and computer skill (Proficient in PC and MAC programs)
· Design and color sense, presentation, persuasion, organization, time management, written and verbal communication