Urban Robotics, Inc. is an established defense engineering firm located in Portland, OR, specializing in aerial reconnaissance, computer vision, and cluster computing. Urban Robotics employs talented individuals that are deployed around the globe. The company's primary offices are located in downtown Portland along the waterfront. For more information about us and our products, please consult our webpage at: urbanrobotics.net .
- The Jr. Software Engineer position is an internship that works with our Software Engineering team.
- Tasks range in responsibilities to match your technical expertise. Potential tasks include: GUI front-end development, TCP/IP networking, C++ device controllers, and development for distributed systems.
- Intangibles: Fast pace engineering. Versatile job tasks. Flexible Hours/Workplace. Cutting edge technology. Small and agile company. Mystery and Intrigue.
- High-octane, getgo individual
- Must have strong desire to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to work both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- C/C++, Python, .NET programming and multi-threaded apps
- Network level programming, TCP/IP, distributed systems
- 2D and 3D image processing
- Convince us you have enough
- Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree in progress
- Software, Mechanical, and/or Electrical engineering skills are expected
Telltale Signs This Job is For You
- You're attending school, but need project money
- You would love to try coding at a 45 degree bank pulling 2 G's
- You like playing with expensive gadgets
- You have GPS mapped everything, including your keys
- You've already pre-ordered a Leap Motion Controller
- Caffeine is a vitamin
- You want to brag to your friends about how much better your summer internship was than theirs (not to mention that you did something real)
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer use
- General office environment
- Moderate levels of stress may occur
- This position has no decision-making authority.
Conf i dent i a li ty
- Strategic, as pertains to product code and strategy
EEO / AA Statement
Urban Robotics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. These decisions are as follows but not limited to, Employment, Upgrading, Demotion, Transfer, Recruitment or Recruitment Advertising, Layoff or termination, Rates of pay or other compensation, or selection for training and / or apprenticeships. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Urban Robotics was founded in 2003 by Silicon Industry and former Department of Defense engineers. Today, the company continues to merge the...